Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pizza Dough

Okay, so my friend wrote about making homemade, frozen pizza on her blog and now I think that is a fabulous idea. Since I am gone 50+ hours a week for the next few months, I have decided to try and make some things ahead for quick weeknight meals. I think her idea is fabulous. I would, however, like to use a different crust so I found a couple of alternatives:

Pizza Dough for Hippies via Bread & Honey

This HEALTHY Pizza Dough via GET BETTER

I usually use this recipe from Donna Hay and have successfully replaced half of the AP flour with whole wheat flour but have never managed a 100% whole wheat dough that actually tasted good and was not heavy. So, I think I should get some vital wheat gluten and test this out. I have baked 100% whole wheat bread using vital wheat gluten and it turns out beautifully every time. I have no doubt that this will work for pizza dough, too. Happy Baking and please share in the comments section if you tried either recipe or the technique described for freezing pizza. I would love to hear from you.

No comments: