Sunday, January 31, 2010

Paper Cut Love

I just discovered Ingrid Siliakus while looking at Apartment Therapy. Wow. I have tried my hand at making paper pop-up books, cards, etc., but have never actually made paper cut art. I think I am going to have to try it. Soon.

So, if you feel inspired to either look at more fabulous paper cut art or are in the mood to make some of your own, here is a mini list to get you started:

Angry Chicken has a BUNCH of posts on paper cut art just use her search box and type in "paper cut"

Scherenschnitte, the art of paper cutting

• The work of Peter Callesen

Tord Boontje (make sure to check out his other work, too...fabulous)

Elsita and the art f paper cutting

Now go grab some fabulous paper, a sharp exacto knife, a pencil and a self healing mat and get started. Oh and if you have a link to a web site or artist that I did not list, please leave them in the comments section for myself as well as other to get inspired by. Happy paper cutting!

No comments: